Monday, November 2, 2015

Style Imitating Art: The Seasons


For SIA this week, the inspiriation was "The Seasons" series by Alphonse Mucha and of course I lost it. Because Art Nouveau...because Mucha.

I originally wanted to do an outfit for each panel because...Mucha...but, it was the week of Halloween and I was up to my eyeballs in making costumes and enjoying the festivities so, "Autumn" will have to do. Although, full disclosure, I might do "Winter" at a later time because it was my favorite panel and because...Mucha. 






 

  




Cardigan: Eloquii similar | Top: Kohl's | Skirt: Kohl's | Tights: Walmart similar | Shoes: Thrifted similar | Necklace: New Look similar | Lips: Colourpop's Ultra MAtte Liquid Lipstick in Tulle

8 comments:

  1. Love all the rich colors in this! I hope you will interpret the "Winter" panel too, since that's also one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I already have the outfit picked out. I want to do it after the first snow fall.

      Delete
  2. This is all working for me. SO GORGEOUS. Also, that backdrop is so perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't it? I've had my eye on it for awhile and this was the ideal time to use it!

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful! THAT SKIRT. Wow. I love the way you interpreted Fall, and I hope you do Winter too! I meant to join in this week but as usual I totally forgot. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really excited for Winter and I would have loved to see your interpretation!

      Delete
  4. This is perfection. The colors, patterns, textures. Everything is spot on! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so honored to get such an amazing compliment from you. Your style is my hashtag goals, lol.

      Delete