Monday, April 18, 2016

Take Me to the Candy Shop #7 | Inspired + Outfit


Yesterday was our sixth wedding anniversary. Every year, my husband and I give each other gifts related to the traditional wedding anniversary themes. The sixth anniversary is the...candy anniversary! Which is just brilliant as this I'm lollipop deep in my "Take Me to the Candy Shop" blog series featuring outfits inspired by all the lovely sweet treats and the adorable shops that sell them. We celebrated the day by taking the kids to Fuzziwig's Candy Factory and then stopping in our old hometown to take photos by this freaking awesome sign. It's a permanent fixture to commemorate the old amusement park that used to be a main feature of the town.







I wouldn't exactly call my husband romantic but, he gave me the sweetest gift (haha) yesterday. I woke up to a treasure chest full of candy and a poster board with a love note written on it. The note had missing words and I had to use the candy to fill in the blanks with the right answers. It was so thoughtful and extra awesome because I didn't expect him to have the time to do anything. He's been working insane hours and every minute not working is a precious commodity right now! It couldn't have been more perfect and I'll be talking him up for it for awhile!








This outfit is the only thing I bought expressly for the purpose of this blog series. I was in Old Navy exchanging something that didn't fit correctly and I fell for this top big time. We had a little rendezvous in the dressing room and after I knew it was coming home with me. I'm not usually a peplum kind of person but the way this top drapes down the body is irresistible. I grabbed the shorts merely because I needed a pair shorts for summer and I never expected to fall in love with them too. But, fall in love I did. I'm so glad they get along so well or this would be awkward. 

This is also my first time wearing a boater (skimmer?) hat! Hannah convinced me that one might be in order for summer with this post. I definitely like increasing my hat options, especially for the warmer months when my wimpy skin needs to hide from the sun.

Stayed tuned for the round-up of all seven "Take Me to the Candy Shop" looks to close this sweet chapter!










Shirt: Old Navy (same in plus) | Shorts: Old Navy (similar in plus) | Shoes: Modcloth (similar) | Hat: Thrifted (similar) | Sunglasses: Vintage (similar) | Lips: Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Donut



No comments:

Post a Comment